GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Saturday 26 November 2011

Pre Race Preparation.

Next Day

I forget what day it is. It's the day before race day and all the weekend warriors are in Taupo with their oiled legs and sparkly clean bicycles.

The motor camp of course is full of them as well. Its good to talk to them about cycling in general. The most interesting among them are doing the long distant events and I had a good chat over dinner to a couple from New Plymouth who are doing the twice around the lake and have to start at 2am tomorrow. Its finally quiet in the rec room now that all the little kids gone back to the camper vans or where-ever they put them after 10pm.

Come dawn the RV and bike brigade will be out test riding their bikes up and down the drive and showing off their race numbers. I'll be stuffing my face with smoked sausages and trying to figure out how many bananas I can get in my jersey pockets. I don't want to overstock because its just 160kms without luggage and plenty of warriors around to draft off. nothing worse than mushed bananas in your pockets.

Secret Stash of Cash in Seat Post.


The weather looks good for Sundays ride back down the North Island towards Nelson. I really would like to get a tail wind after such a hard couple of days up.

Dropped into McDonald's today to post my blog and actually managed to get onto the Global Bike Race face book site only to find out that all sorts of stuff has been happening regarding the organisation of the event. I didn't have enough time on line to get my head around it all so will have to tune in whenever possible. Might even have to pay for a bit of wifi time so that i can check my emails which I've not been able to do at McDonald's and check GBR site.

Well that's that then, its into' The Gay Girls' and then up early (if I can manage it) for race day.

No comments:

Post a Comment