GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Tuesday 1 November 2011

I've Ordered 'Two Gay Girls' for My Trip!

With a bit of luck the 'Two Gay Girls' should arrive next week because I put my order in yesterday and they advised that if I paid on Thursday they'd send immediately.

I'm excited because at the moment I'm having to make do with a single person and its really just a bit of a squeeze.

If at this point you're not sure what I'm talking about I suggest you please read the page on my blog headed 'Sponsors' and then all will become clearer. Never totally clear as nothing in my life is totally clear.

Once they arrive I'll set them up and take a picture for the blog so you can all see what will keep me comfortable for the expected 6 months that I 'm  away. The picture below is what I expect things to look like.
Two Gay Girls and my Personal Trainer Karyn.
I've done my research and I'm hoping the 'Two Gay Girls' offer me plenty of leg room in addition to somewhere to store my stuff. We'll see next week.

My friends Jane and Karyn have been very supportive of my journey so far and I really appreciate it guys. Whenever I've been  cycling overseas I'd always try to send Karyn a txt or two to make her envious and maybe get her to drop tools and think about getting overseas on her bike. It hasn't worked yet but that wont stop me trying.

Karyn is a qualified  Personal Trainer and I asked her last week whether she'd be my official trainer for the Global Bike Race and she said yes. That's after waiting sufficient time for me to think that she  thought I was a lost cause and how to get out of it diplomatically.

I tend to do things my way though so will probably not ask much of my personal trainer. I spent today in the workshop fine tuning my front rack and panniers for a training ride tomorrow, or the next day, to Westport. And then camping overnight in the single person tent that I dubbed the coffin last trip. I'll then turn around and cycle the 200kms back home again. Hopefully this trip will start tomorrow if the rain stops for long enough.

Getting Ready for another Overnight er.

Last week the race organisers contacted me and advised that my colour for the race would be brown. This means that on the official race website where all the riders progress will be logged I'll have a little brown cyclist representing me. Lets hope the little brown cyclist doesn't spend too long in one spot!

Global Race Positioning of Riders. 

It will apparently look something like the picture above. Except the little brown cyclist is heading Eastward. So if you see this during the race let me know because Adi's course is for me to go Westwards. Luckily my bike has a built in compass so I should be right.

I have no idea how this all comes about so I hope someone explains this before the start.

No comments:

Post a Comment