GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Saturday 24 September 2011

Daylight Saving!

More hours in the day for you know what!

When you're a young man that means just one thing. But when you mature a bit it means more daylight hours on the bike. Now that I can concentrate on the Global Bike Race again my cycling has picked up. I managed to knock off 403 kms last week without unduly inconveniencing my time on the couch with cup of coffee and chocolate. I hate to say that this will not always be the case.



My change of route has necessitated the ordering of new guidebooks and some of these arrived from Amazon last week.(Cycling the Amazon, now there's an idea). They were my first ever purchase over the Internet and I can tell you they wont be my last since not only did I get them sooner than I would have from the bookshop but the price worked out to be half that of the stores even including freight!. O'yes I know what your thinking , that I missed out on all that social banter at the book shop. Well I could still go there for a chin wag but this time it wont cost me money.




Daylight saving means I could finally take the lights off my Mercian and while I was giving her a good clean I decided to take the commuting wheels off and put my touring wheels on as I've got a little 2 day trip planned next week that involves a bit of steep bullock track riding . Nothing like a bit of back country riding without a car in sight. It will be the first time in the tent this summer too. I got Adi an MP3 player for her birthday last week and on our normal Wednesday ride I didn't hear a peek out of her. I couldn't believe that someone could ride listening to music for 5 1/2 hours straight! I may as well have gone out on my own. As long as she's happy though. A happy Adi is a happy' Niel the Wheel'.

Last week our friend Brian S dropped off the Tour of Spain for us to watch. I'm currently watching it although its not as good as the Tour De France.  Paul Sherwin and Phil Legget are not commentating it. Adi however shocked me by saying that she was too busy planning my new route around the world to watch bike racing! She's very focused is my Adi.

I'd better plant some corn so that she is well fed while I'm away. The big bumbling farm flies are just starting again. Have you noticed how they refuse to go out the open windows but then you blast them with fly spray and they immediately go out straight away, flying until their little heads explode.

Silly wee things.

No comments:

Post a Comment