GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Sunday 14 August 2011

Winter Blues.

Only 300kms this week and winter is back again with a vengeance. As I write it is virtually snowing outside and I actually feel good because I decided not to go out on my bike today. However only 6 months to go before the start of the race and there is a slight pressure that I feel.

My travel agent Diane is off in the US on holiday and when she gets back we will have to start looking at applying for visas. Its not the warmest of places 'Potters-End'. Adi is going around complaining of a draft here or there. In 6months time we will be in a tent travelling across Europe and I'm thinking things will be plenty cold there! I'll have to pack the thermal tights, booties, gloves and beanie. To think this time last year it was 40+ C in Utah and after a good days ride I was cooling myself in the local mud pond with everyone else.

Life's a friend and a Pond.

I'll get over this inertia I feel. The cycling's on track and should crank up as the weather warms. I've tentatively planned my longer rides for the next 3 -4 months.

Hopefully all those unhappy disassociated youths around the world will have cheered up now they've got their big screen TV's and manged to score 100+ friends on facebook. I wouldn't want the London ones to be having a bad hair day or anything next Feb when I cycle through there. They're not nice when they have bad hair days!

No comments:

Post a Comment