GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Monday 6 June 2011

Mudguards

I know there's plenty of cyclists out there that will po po full mudguards. But where are they in the winter when us real  cyclists are out there freezing our balls off and  enduring snotty icicles clinging to the ends of our noses.

I certainly didn't see any when I was out today. They've probably hung up their bikes for the winter (fine weather warriors).


My only problem today (besides getting out of bed ) was that the pretty weather girl had forecast it to be fine. so not only had I not taken my jacket but I'd not put the Mudguardies on.


The result you can see for yourself. It wasn't just my bike that got splattered my nice colour coordinated kit got a good going over with mud as well. You look pretty stupid riding back home along the cycle way looking like a Paris -Roubaix rider and they wont let you into the posh cafes that I usually inhabit.

So today's lesson to me was to put my muddies on for the winter and leave them on.That way I wont have cow dung between my teeth when I get home.

Thank goodness I've got Adi to wash my kit. I wonder if after she's finished work tomorrow whether she'll have time to run a damp rag over my bike?

NEVER hose your bike. Best to damp rag it.

No comments:

Post a Comment