GLOBAL CYCLE EVENT

In a world increasingly preoccupied with throwaway materialistic things; where people are constantly busy earning money to pay for those things, or so their children can have those things;
This is the story of my dreams of travelling the world by bicycle. Because it's there. And because I dont want to die without experiencing the truly important things in life .

A sense of wonder and a sense of adventure.

Saturday 18 June 2011

Adi's Playing Hard ball

Now I'm scared! Adi decided last night that she wanted to spread the word more about her blog so like an idiot I said she should put a link on the Vespa club site. Well she put a link to her blog on the Vespa Facebook site! The vespa facebook site has over 500,000 members!

I really appreciate all my followers. All ten of you are tops in my book but I can't let this lie. Even with the combined help of the Mercian Appreciation Society I think once the Vesparites get a wind of Adi's around the world scoot I'll be left as a mere circus act to her global exploits. I know that when we were cycle/Vespaing across Aussie in 2009 my exploits on my MUM (mercian urban machine) where a mere side show to Adi's Vespa antics. At one point early on in the trip in Perth  a guy was talking to Adi with me nearby and I overheard him say "where you going on that loaded scooter"." Sydney" Adi said.

"WHAT ON THAT!!..... Legendary" was his reply

I'm over here on the bicycle, I felt like saying.

Closer to Sydney Adi got the opposite. " You've come from Perth, ON THAT!"

Last night Adi said "Niel , next year will be pay back time. For once one of us will be suffering and it wont be me". That's the appreciation us blokes get for giving our girlfriends overseas trips.

A picture of my beloved 'Gromit' on the West Coast (Adi's there too). 


Anyway I want my cycling friends to know that I have a Vespa as well and if you see mention of it in my blog its because I want Vesparites to follow my blog as well. Especially since I'll be the one losing precious hours sleep next year wondering how to keep Adi's Vespa on the road as well as having to cycle 170kms per day on my Mercian.

One for the boys. 'Gromit' posing with the NZ army.

Note from the photos that I'm never far away from my bicycle. I'm hoping in our travels next year that we meet up with lots of people that have an interest in vespa and cycle touring.  I think the worlds fastest man on a bicycle 'Mark Cavendish' has a soft spot for a good Italian scooter.

No comments:

Post a Comment